|
|
Monday, April 6, 2009 @ 9:51 PM
today marks the 20th (?) silver Today marks the official last band practice with the graduating seniors. I wanna rewind time and go back to Singapore Conference Hall (SCH) and enter the stage and rock the hall and cry all over again. It was about 23 hours ago, I was chasing people to go offline on MSN. It was about 16 hours ago, I woke up and met the queen of randomness to take the first 269 bus. It was about 15 hours ago, we were doing warm-ups, tuning and running through DD and Overture. It was about 13 hours ago, we were setting off for SCH, blowing hot air into the instrument when Ninnart texted. (!!!!) It was about 12 hours ago, we were in the tuning room and then we were outside the stage, preparing to go in. The moment we stepped onstage, the entire hall was filled with anxiety, with many pairs of eyes staring at us. Some started to panic as there wasn't enough stands but luckily we managed to settled down fast. So the music started. I felt no fear until F. Notes were flat like airport.. Then it was Danse - Calm and steady. I was looking out for the judges when resting lol. It was until the killer 3/4 beat :( It was about 11 hours ago, I was crying like a baby the minute I walked out of the stage because finally everything is over. The rest assured that we will definitely secure our silver. It was about 9 hours ago, results were out. Band #100, Mayflower Secondary School, Silver! Deep inside I was actually screaming for a gold, was hoping for the best and also prepared for silver. No tears welling up even when I thought it was about time they started streaming down. Maybe this is my way of accepting that this is the way it should have been done. It was about 8 hours ago, when all of us returned to school, the bunch of Sec4s broke into racking sobs. The others were wondering if we did badly for our competition. Oh well. The feeling was horrible. We just couldn't banish the thoughts of us stepping down very very soon. I believe all the graduating seniors out there agree with me that band left us the best memories. I'd say it's been a splendid day. The juniors indeed made the graduating seniors proud today. There are too many emotions, too difficult to describe. To sum it all up.. I love MCB to the max. |